The disciples asked Jesus to teach them to pray, and Jesus taught them what we now call “The Lord’s Prayer” in Matthew 6:9-13. The focus is on the Kingdom of God, not the individual petitioner. How different that is from prayers that are often little more than a laundry list of things we would like the Lord of the Universe to do for us!
James 4:3 warns us about this — “You ask for something but do not get it because you ask for it for the wrong reason—for your own pleasure.”
Yes, ACM would like some new facilities in Myanmar, a larger budget and an expanded staff. But what we don’t know for sure is how these desires align with the perfect will of God for that country. Asian Children’s Mission has enjoyed some wonderful growth since our very small beginnings in 2007. We often think about Ephesians 3:20 — God is “able to do more than we can ask or imagine, according to his power at work in us.”
We believe we are now in a season where we need to wait upon the Lord to reveal our next steps. We do ask that you join us in praying the various Scriptures listed below, seeking God’s perfect will be executed in Myanmar, and finding the role ACM has in His plan.
“Thy will be done on earth, as it is in Heaven.” Matthew 6:10
- “See, I have placed before you an open door that no one can shut. I know that you have little strength, yet you have kept my word and have not denied my name.” Revelation 3:8
- “Ask the Lord of the harvest, therefore, to send out workers into his harvest field.” Matthew 9:38
- “Teach these truths to other trustworthy people who will be able to pass them on to others.” 2 Timothy 2:2
- “Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them.” Mark 10:14
- “He will be the sure foundation for your times, a rich store of salvation and wisdom and knowledge; the fear of the LORD is the key to this treasure.” Isaiah 33:6
- “Be strong and very courageous. Be careful to obey… do not turn from it to the right or to the left, that you may be successful wherever you go.” Joshua 1:7
- “Never again will we say to the idols we have made, ‘You are our gods.’ No, in you alone do the orphans find mercy.” Hosea 14:3
- “I will place shepherds over them who will tend them, and they will no longer be afraid or terrified, declares the LORD.” Jeremiah 23:4